NHS Workforce maximising ESR
Since the introduction of the MyESR portal in 2017, NHS organisations and employees have transformed the way they use the ESR solution.
As a national Workforce Service, the ESR team monitors how the system is used so as to feed this back in to both return on investment reviews and the user-led design of the system. In turn, this ensures continuous improvements can be delivered in an agile manner.
From the data detailed below it is clear testament to how NHS employers and employees are embracing the ESR technology.
Headline growth over the period April 18 – March 19:
- 69% increase in unique portal users (over 1.19m employees as at March 19);
- Over 725k employee self-service users accessed ESR in March 19 – a 42% increase from March 18
- 40% of employees access their payslip online only – a 90% increase from March 18;
- This equates to over 789k NHS employees no longer receiving paper payslips – releasing cost savings, providing a more secure means of access to payslips and supporting the environmental agenda.
- 106% growth in MyESR App average usage (Jan-Dec 2018 date range)